Friday, August 10, 2007

Slow progress

Hard to get more than three coats of tung oil on a week due to my schedule. I managed to do that much though, so I'm up to 7 coats thus far. It's looking very fetching too. I'm going to shoot for three more coats next week, then step back and evaluate where I'm at in the refinishing. I have a feeling I'll be happy with 10 coats and will start on painting the headtsock.....but I wanna see what that 10th coat looks like before I commit.

About the only other thing of note for the week....aside from landing two more 60's vintage American made guitar projects (more on those later)...and landing a cheap and cool early 80's Matsumoku made Vantage Avenger (Japanese ash body!).....was my order from TV Jones came in on...I think it was monday? Anyway, I sit here at work just about ready to leave and start my weekend....typing this...and wearing my new charcoal gray TV Jones t-shirt!:) Below are two photos of the Powertron. It's so hard being patient...I just want to throw all the parts together and see how she sounds and plays. Can't do that though...gotta make her look nice and protect the wood....



No comments:

Post a Comment