Friday, June 5, 2009

Mods already

Just a short post to say I made a couple shims from a very old mahogany cigar box I picked up off ebay a while back. They're probably a 1/4" thick and went under the bridge pup. Allowed me to lower the pole pieces and get the body of the pickup close to the strings. Not only does it look better, it sounds much better. Much crisper response, a bit more treble (which is what I wanted) and tweaking pole piece height and amp settings I'm able to get that wonderful almost dissonent musical distortion `trons can do under gain. Loving it! Might shim the neck pup some now too as the output isn't balanced well anymore...and it'll help get the same tonal qualities I've found in the bridge pup.

This is a great read on adjusting Filtertrons, scroll down a bit:

http://gretschpages.com/articles/mals-big-guide-guitar-setup-and-troubleshooting/

No comments:

Post a Comment