Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Uh-Oh

I finished building my first pedal kit this morning. And it works! It's a General Guitar Gadgets "Rodent" kit, which is a clone of the Pro Co Rat distortion pedal. It uses a OP07 integrated circuit chip in place of the original LM308, but supposedly they're pretty close and it can be retrofitted with the LM308 should I find one.

It only took some time last night and then again this morning to get it together. It was fun. I may be in trouble too. Way too many cool pedals to build out there, in kit form and not, plus modding Boss pedals. This could be a drain on the funds. I've already modded two Boss DS-1 Distortions. One sounds great...the other sounded pretty much like ass, so I did some more/different stuff to it. Better, but still not right.

Anyway, great projects in pedals. Soldering, assembly, and then painting....all the kinds of things my hands like to do. Here are some pics of the Rodent....I'll be trying it out at practice this thursday and then taking it apart to paint. I have a very cool idea on that front. Already have another of their kits at home, the Brown Sound In A Box 2 (BSIABII) and have the Digital Reverb on the way. They have a 20% off sale till tomorrow:)

From Pro Co Rat Clone

No comments:

Post a Comment