Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Sweet!

Monday after work I made my final decision on color. I drug out and assembled my old spray rig and started back painting. First I used Behlin's walnut toner to shade the edges. Then I used their natural (kind of a golden oak) to warm up the center. I'm very pleased with the final effect. I started clear coating that night and got three passes done monday, three tuesday and will try to do three tonight. It's getting very glossy. I may put the three on tonight and stop. Overall I like that way things are going. The burst effect is pretty subtle in person, the grain still shows through nicely and I'm kinda glad I threw caution to the wind and followed my gut instinct to just start throwing color on it.

The spray rig. CO2 tank, beer regulator rigged to fit (thanks Eric!) and Iwata Eclipse.

From 66 Corvette work


Before clear coats

From 66 Corvette work

1 comment: