Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Parts and tools are in...

...at least some of what I'll need. My Stew Mac order came as well as the two 500k split shaft CTS pots and the two packs of fret wire I ordered from a different dealer.

I got some Gibson fret wire and some Fender American standard jumbo fret wire. This saves me having to bend it myself, since both come precurved at 12" radius. I'm eventually gonna pull a fret from the Gretsch and measure the tang to give me an idea what size the fret slots are. I already have a saw that will work for the Fender wire, but have't gotten into the Gibson wire enough to know yet.

I was thinking I should have ordered one of those neck cradels from S-M, but of course...the thought cxame to me hours after the order actually shipped. I doubt it's really necessary anyway.

As for working with the ebay seller...bag that idea. She got very defensive and accusitory very quickly and refused to own up to what her husband did to screw up the truss rod. After over 600 great experiences buying and selling on ebay, I finall got burned. Oh well, hopefull I'll be able to make something good come out of this whole deal.

Now...I need to lay my hands on a clothing iron (gonna hit the Salvation Army and Goodwill first) as well as some sort of apparatus to heat the hide glue when it comes time to glue the fret board back down. I'm thinking some sort of old fashioned coffee pot of crock pot might work for this...I'll have my eye out when surfing the second hand shops.

I'll try to add some pics of what has come in over the next couple days....

No comments:

Post a Comment