Friday, April 24, 2009

Ahhh...

...that what I said yesterday while working on this. Long week at work. Stopped and bought some beer & sandpaper on the way home and sat outside in the sun sanding away with my Mighty Mouse sander. Got all the finish off the front of the body....which surprised me...figured it would take longer. Also spent some time filing down the binding more. Still a few frets worth to go, but I'm well more than half way done with getting it shaped.

The hideglue/putty feels tacky every time I touch it whilst working on the guitar, so I don't know yet if I need to be worried about that. Not sure if it's not drying (it seemed to file and sand OK), or if it's just the heat from my hands making it do that. Rockler has sent out another e-mail coupon for 20% off, so I may stop there this weekend to get another can of clear lacquer and see what sort of traditional wood putties they have. My fill spot has some small divots and will need something anyway...a think skim coat over the hideglue/putty might be just the ticket. I am letting it sit over the weekend, I should have a better idea what's going on monday night.



From Astro Jet work 1

No comments:

Post a Comment