Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Awesome!

Just sent the paypal payment for the pickguard. Finalized the shape last night, adjusted the file this morning and heard back with a quote from http://terrapinguitars.com just a bit ago. I decided to go with 0.090" black/white/black and to have no holes drilled for controls. I haven't decided how I want the control layout done, and since I now have a drill press I can do it when ever I wish. Best part is I was figuring the guard would run me just shy of $100, but he quoted me $37.50 shipped! Here's the final shape:

From Astro Jet work 1


Took the tape off the binding last night and all looks well. Will assess further and make the next move tonight....may start stripping the neck, may just sand it down and start addressing the worn spots on the treble side of the neck....we shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment